Posted: Thursday, January 31st, 2019
If you need a vehicle that will keep you moving forward through any challenge, you’ll likely reach for the biggest, most dependable, and most powerful vehicles that you can find. Many drivers in the Herculaneum area consider both trucks and SUVs, as these large vehicles offer impressive off-road capability and power. While both body styles offer many of the same advantages, such as ample space for tall drivers, it’s important to understand the SUV vs. truck difference.
When comparing a pickup truck vs. an SUV, the first thing you’ll need to note is that pickups are generally better-suited to the job site, while SUVs generally provide a nicer touring experience for passengers. Of course, there are exceptions to any rule, and this difference is just one of the factors you’ll need to consider when making a selection.
Why Should I Choose an SUV Instead of a Pickup Truck?
- SUVs generally come equipped with more advanced interior features. If you’re looking for a rear entertainment system, for example, you’ll have many more options in the SUV market.
- SUVs, much like minivans, are made for hauling passengers. Although some pickups are available with seating for up to five, all SUVs offer room for at least this many friends and family members. Those with three rows can even offer seating for up to eight or nine!
- SUVs tend to get pretty good fuel economy, and two-row crossovers with room for five can even compete with larger sedans! This means that SUVs can often be cheaper to own than pickup trucks, but there’s a catch: most also come with a higher starting price. Compare the advantages of crossovers vs. SUVs in depth.
Why Should I Choose a Pickup Truck Instead of an SUV?
- While most large SUVs are more than capable of towing heavy loads, pickup trucks almost always offer higher towing capacities. As an example, compare an eight-passenger SUV like the 2019 Honda Pilot to a vehicle like the 2019 Ram 1500. The former offers a maximum towing capacity of just 5,000 pounds, while the latter can manage up to 12,750 pounds.
- Most two and three-row SUVs offer plenty of interior cargo space, but for many jobs, an open truck bed is simply more useful. This is especially true when you’re transporting messy tools, hauling unwieldy cargo, or loading up with a dirt bike or an ATV.
- Many modern pickups are available in more configurations, and with more engine options, than the SUVs that they compete against. This can be a major advantage if you’re looking to maximize your power, but it might cost you at the gas pump.
Ready to Finance? Contact Green Light Auto Credit!
Our team believes that you shouldn’t have to settle for a vehicle that doesn’t satisfy your every need, and our finance center works with dealerships across the country to make your dreams into realities. Green Light Auto Credit offers online auto loans to empower our neighbors in Saint Louis and Florissant, MO, and we’ll give you all the information you need to conquer the ins and outs of the purchasing process, decide when to shop for your car, and how to register your car!
Read up on the advantages of buying vs. leasing or get the facts on auto financing with bad credit. When you’re feeling comfortable, start your next adventure by filling out our online auto credit application or giving us a call at (800) 200-5551.
Back To Top