Whether you’re planning on buying a new family car or off-road vehicle in the next few months, you might start thinking about how to put your best foot forward – and wondering, “How can I raise my credit score in 30 days?” Before we go into a few strategies, it’s important to be realistic about your expectations. Lasting changes take time, so it’s important to think of the big picture. However, there are several tips and tricks for how to improve a credit score in 30 days that can help you get where you want to be a little faster!
How Can I Raise My Credit Score in 30 Days?
- Correct Errors: Does your credit report have errors that you’ve been letting slide? Call your creditors to sort out the confusion and let all three major credit bureaus – Experian, Equifax, and TransUnion – know that you are in the process of correcting mistakes.
- Partial Payments: Don’t be afraid to negotiate. Some creditors will change a defaulted bill to “Paid” if you agree to deliver a partial payment to start the process.
- Credit Limits: If you raise your credit limit without spending additional money, you reduce your credit utilization – which can potentially raise your credit score.
- Authorization: Do you have a trusted family member who could help you? Becoming an authorized user on their existing credit card can give your credit score a boost by lowering your debt-to-income ratio.
How to Improve Your Credit Score for Good
- Pay Promptly: Paying bills on time is one of the most important factors, and it can also be one of the easiest ways to improve your credit score in the long-term. Consider setting reminders on your calendar or signing up for autopay services.
- Reduce Debt: Paying off your old debt is crucial, but reducing your total debt-to-income ratio requires you to stay within your budget. Cut down on credit cards, reduce non-essential spending, and limit your borrowing.
- Mix It Up: Did you know that there are multiple types of debt? Once you’re established, showcasing your responsibility with both secured and unsecured loans can raise your credit score tremendously.
Get Expert Financial Advice in the St. Louis Area
If you’re in the Florissant or St. Charles area, the team at Green Light Auto Credit is here to help you with custom financial advice. Learn how to improve a credit score in 30 days and beyond, or find out how to make your financial goals a reality today. Contact us to get started!
Back To Top